he iGSN is excited to be offering Travel Award (up to $500) to support the presentation of interdisciplinary research at conferences/symposiums. We are currently accepting applications from our members only. You are an iGSN member as long as you are receiving our monthly newsletters.
Please read carefully.
- Application will only be considered after the conference has occurred; deadline is 3 months after travel.
- The applicant may accept up to one iGSN Travel Award per year.
- The applicant must be a registered iGSN member before the time of travel.**
- The applicant must have attended at least one council meeting or event between 12 months before the
time of travel and the time of submission.**
- For flight reimbursements, original boarding passes must be included; no electronic boarding passes will
- An electronic application should be submitted in one PDF document that contains all documents outlined
in “Proof of Presentation” and scanned copies of “Receipts” to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title
“Attn: iGSN Travel Award”.
- Once your electronic application has been reviewed and accepted (usually up to 2 months since
submission), you will be requested to submit a printed application in one envelope that contains all
documents outlined in “Proof of Presentation,” and original Receipts. Please arrange a drop-off time and
enclose all paperwork in an envelope labeled “Attn: iGSN Travel Award”.
- This form must be typed; hand-written forms will not be accepted.
- Ensure your lay summary can be understood by those outside of your field and discipline.
- Write an accurate and concise description of how your work promotes interdisciplinary research.
- Be as specific as possible and give examples to how the conference was interdisciplinary.
- Have someone read over your application for spelling, grammar, and clarity.
- We encourage you to be as detailed as possible and make full use of the available word limit
Please also take a look at our sample application:
NOTE: Always submit receipts to us with a completed reimbursement request form.
Please direct your inquiries about Travel Awards to our VP Finance, Cassia Warren (email@example.com) with subject title, “Attn: iGSN Travel Awards”.